Hmmm, next time I will try with film tape, or sealing with shellac.
Anyway, I’m very pleased with the cast, she’s a fast bow.Front
Add. rings on handle, detail
The bow is already shot in and I finally got the f/d pics done. I’m very pleased with the cast of this bow.
Here are the f/d pics:
Well, I thought a glossy finish would look good. It brought out the colors a lot more intensively. Though I’m not sure leave it or not …
Perhaps you remember, I wasn’t really pleased with the contrasting colors on this one. (I did a fuming job with different long timbs at limb, tips and handle). I had three additional rings at the handle back so I decided to carve in some finger grooves to bring the more fresh yeller sage to the surface. I think it did good on the former a bit boring handle. If you look close you can see how the ammonia damps went into the wood. At handle the exposure was only one day.
Btw., in the background you can see my arrows growing: pseudosasa japonica
I rubbed some white pigments into the fresh carved fingergrooves, visible in the early wood rings.